View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Create a new project with Java properties files 

Post Create a new project with Java properties files
Hi,
I have installed the trial version of Lingobit.
I tried to create a new project with existing Java properties file. Unfortunately Lingobit does not detect already existing translations. Is there an easy way to import all translated .properties files?

This is what I have tried:

My test project with two files:
test/lingobittest.properties
test/lingobittest_de.properties

Creating a new project from the directory test imports both files as english language.

Creating a new project with lingobittest.properties only, select Tools => Import Localized files... and select the test/lingobittest_de.properties gives the message: "Can't associate translation file lingobittest_de.properties with any file in the project."

The only way that worked for me was:
Creating a new project with lingobittest.properties only, select the lingobittest.properties file in the navigation box on the left, open context menu with right mouse click on it and select on this file "Import translations...".

Is this a bug or how can I work with Java properties files that are already localized to many languages?
(This might be a showstopper because I have some hundred .properties files with some already existing translations...).

Thanks!

Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 am

Post Re: Create a new project with Java properties files
Hello,

You need to add only original files into Lingobit project. After existing translations using Tools > Import Localized Files. It will import translations for current Target language.

Regards,
Michael

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:25 am

Post Re: Create a new project with Java properties files
Hello Brian,

Please send me a sample to reproduce the problem to support at lingobit dot com. I'll try to solve it ASAP.

Thanks,
Michael

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]