View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Evaluating Lingobit (problem with Exchange) 

Post Evaluating Lingobit (problem with Exchange)
Hello,

I'm evaluating localization product and I'm interested in yours. But when trying to export the package (Exchange Wizard) and choosing the complete toolkit, I receive the following error:

Error on line 217 in C:\Program Files\Lingobit Localizer\script.iss: Source file "C:\Program Files\Lingobit Localizer\.\netres4\item10.dll" does not exist.

Version used in evaluation:

This feature is a must for me and I want to test it. can you quickly help that I can go further?
Do you support QT translations?

By the way, I'm also testing Sisulizer (Exchange is working but other problems), can you give the me the main advantages of you product?

Thanks
Didier

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 am

Post Re: Evaluating Lingobit (problem with Exchange)
Hello,

Thank you for interest in Lingobit Localizer.

I'm sorry for the error. It was fixed in the latest build. You can download it from www.lingobit.com/localizer.exe.

Lingobit Localizer doesn't support QT translation. Instead of using boring and error prone process with QT translation we advise to use Lingobit Extractor in a pair with Lingobit Localizer. Lingobit Extractor takes care of extracting hard-coded strings to resource files. After it you compile files and localize binaries using Lingobit Localizer. You can find more info about Lingobit Extractor at http://www.lingobit.com/products/hardcoded_string_extraction.html.

Lingobit Localizer offers a lot of unique functionality that is not available in Sisulizer. For example, compare, folder localization, crash finder and much more. We are proud with our support and quality of Lingobit products. Many Sisulizer users are moving to Lingobit Localizer.

Best Regards,
Michael

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 am

Hello,

Thanks for your answer and the new version working fine. I'm going forward in my investigations and thus have some more questions evalutaing the product:

- Licences: I'm planing to have one developer working with Lingobit and a Build machine that will perform nightly build. The license that seems the more appropriate for me is the Enterprise, but should I bought 2 (1 developper + 1 build machine) or 1 is sufficient? And if we have to build machines (replication)?

- Using Lingobit on the machine where the exe/dlls are installed, I will have a good rendering (we have a lot of user controls). But exporting all (Exchange wizard) and using the Translator on another machine breaks the good rendering. My user controsl are not appearing correctly. Is there a way that the translator (using the package) can have a good rendering?

- XML: it is possible to localize XML file using 'replacement' files. Is that possible to use Lingobit to manage translation ine the same XML file, something like:
<Description name="UseCurrentPosition">
<Text lang="eng">Use current position</Text>
<Text lang="fr">Utiliser la position courante</Text>
</Description>

- Is there a way to bind the localization project to a Visual Studio solution in place of binding it to exe/dll ? (a lot of dlls are present in our project)

Thanks
Best Regards
Didier

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 am

Hello,

Thanks for question.

- Licenses: 1 license is enough. Build server installation is included into our software localization tool.
- Rendering: When rendering a form, Lingobit Localizer uses custom controls that are loaded used in your application. You need to install all custom controls libraries on translators PC to display them correctly. Otherwise Lingobit Localizer will map missing controls to a standard subset.
- XML: Currently I can advise you the following workaround. Translate both lang attribute and Text node. After it you'll have several language specific XML files.
EN.xml
</Description>
FR.xml
</Description>

Then you'll need to write XSLT transform function to merge several files into one.
</Description>

The second workaround is to localize it as database using some XML ODBC driver. Database localization allows to write changes exactly the way you described. You can read about database localization at http://www.lingobit.com/solutions/database/database_localization.html.

Best Regards,
Michael

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]