View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Spell checker in Lingobit 

Post Spell checker in Lingobit
Dear all,

We have been using Lingobit for some time already, until now always with external translators.
Now for the first time I am doing a translation in-house, and this results in the following question:

How to use the spell checker ?

The Help information on this subject is very limited (Lingobit V5.5), and also Website, FAQ and forum search did not help.
When asking for a spell check via Tools >> Validate simply nothing happens. Not even a warning that the dictionary could not be found.

What I found so far is:
- On your website www.lingobit.com/download.html mentions where I can find additional dictionaries, but not what to do with these.
- very hidden: www.lingobit.com/support/SpellingDictionaries.html mentions where to copy these files to.

And indeed: to my surprise now Tools >> Validate resulted in a list of spelling errors.

The actual question in this post is how to add words to the custom dictionary.
In all cases some words (like trade-marks) need to be added, and I have no clue how to achieve this in Lingobit.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Lex.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 am

Post Re: Spell checker in Lingobit
Hello Lex,

Thank you for question.

Installing dictionaries
To install dictionary download *.dic and *.aff files and save them into Lingobit Localizer dic subfolder ("C:\Program Files\Lingobit Localizer\dic" ). The complete list of supported dictionaries can be checked out at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries.
If you need to add words into custom dictionary, start editing of a string with such word. It will be highlighted as incorrect. Right-click it and select "Add to Dictionary" command in context menu. It will be added into dictionary for target language.

Best Regards,
Michael

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]