View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New and Changed strings not imported with Scan 

Post New and Changed strings not imported with Scan
We have been using Lingobit for quite a while and upgraded to version 8.0.7999 within the last year. Our process is automated and has been working. We recently found out that our translated files are missing some strings. Our process is fairly simple but from what I can tell, Lingobit is not seeing some of our strings. We use a string table that is compiled into a DLL. Then at build time we issue the command:

"C:\Program Files\Lingobit Localizer\localizer.com" D:\%1\NGBTranslationsGerman\German\German.loc -scan -create > C:\BuildResults\GermanCreate.txt

So basically I'm doing a scan and a create from the command line. The file is created but it is missing strings and some of them are not updated. I did a manual comparison and for one language we are missing over 2000 strings and 200+ of them are not updated. I went into Lingobit and did a manual scan and it found 255 new strings... all of which were added MANY versions ago. But even after doing this manual scan, strings are still missing.

I also tried a scan within the software. This found some of the new strings that the above command did not but it did not find them all.

I have not confirmed it but I suspect this happened when we went to the new version of Lingobit. Did something change with these commands? Did the default settings change such that I need to update my configuration? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rhonda

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Post Re: New and Changed strings not imported with Scan
Hello Rhonda,

I need more info to solve it. Let's discuss it by email.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]